Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons grated German sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, milk, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons grated chocolate. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining grated chocolate; sprinkle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 498 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
"Very tasty! I love that this recipe specifies use of miniature chocolate chips, as I've found that regular-sized chocolate chips tend to sink to the bottom of the cake."
"Extremely moist cake.I omitted the chocolate chips and replaced the 1cup of oil for1/2 cup of oil and a Mott's 104 ml apple sauce.We poured chocolate fondue sauce over the cake slices."
"This has been a go-to recipe for me for several years. It is easy to make, comes out beautifully every time and travels well. My co-workers love it."
"I too will try to cut back on the oil next time to lighten it up a bit - perhaps substitute apple sauce for some of it. Wonderful flavor though. Our household quickly polished it off. Be mindful of the new sized mixes when purchasing ingredients for this cake as many have been shrunken."
"Very moist and not overly sweet."
"I made this because I was craving Chili's chocolate chip molten cake. This was pretty close. It was very delicious. Next time I may drizzle chocolate on top. Yum!"
"My mother-in-law always made this for family gatherings, but never wrote down the recipe. I've found it at last!"
"Next time I would use less oil, perhaps 3/4 or 2/3 cup, and maybe a little less milk. I liked the grated chocolate in it. I had semisweet chocolate instead of German sweet, and it turned out well. This cake seemed a little heavy to me, but I would definitely try it again."
"I made a layer cake for a birthday. I iced it with a chocolate icing and it was delicious."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.