Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
I'm a teenager who loves to bake and have won several ribbons at the county fair. When we're asked to take a dish to a potluck, I often help my mom make it. This scrumptious cake is easy to transport and fun to serve because everyone likes it!
-Abigail Crawford, Lake Butler, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons grated German sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, milk, oil and
- eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons grated chocolate.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining grated chocolate; sprinkle
- over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 498 calories, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.