I'm a teenager who loves to bake and have won several ribbons at the county fair. When we're asked to take a dish to a potluck, I often help my mom make it. This scrumptious cake is easy to transport and fun to serve because everyone likes it! -Abigail Crawford, Lake Butler, Florida
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons grated German sweet chocolate, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, milk, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons grated chocolate. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and remaining grated chocolate; sprinkle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review