Vanilla Chip Maple Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 4 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and maple flavoring. Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 3. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in maple flavoring and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Top each with a pecan half. Yield: about 7 dozen.
2 each: 308 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Vanilla Chip Maple Cookies
"We thought these were very good. I wondered about adding some salt but found they didn't need it. I didn't frost them since they were very sweet without it and we're dieting, we have to cut some calories if at all possible. ; ) Next time I might leave out the Vanilla Chips and just add chopped walnuts. I certainly will make them again."
"A fall favorite in our house, and seriously my all time favorite cookie ever!! This cookie is ridiculously amazing!"
"After reading all the rave reviews, I hesitate to write this one, but everyone has different opinions. I thought these cookies were way too sweet.I didn't want to buy maple extract as I had pure maple syrup in the fridge which I used. That may have been part of the problem. But the frosting was soooo sweet too. If I make them again, I might the frosting."
"My husband's favorite!"
"These cookies are one of my family's favorites and the recipe is among my most requested! (There are usually several cookies "missing" before I even have a chance to frost them!) :) Great recipe!"
"These were a huge hit at a July 4th party, they all disappeared. My husband loves them. Am making them again for my book club, but my grocer had no vanilla chips, so I am trying them with butterscotch chips. What could be bad!"
"I love maple. I really love these cookies."
"Delicious once I added 1/2 t. salt"
"This is a great tasting cookie! Always a hit when I make these! They taste absolutley delicious!! Easy and they won't last long!!"
"Absolutely delicious. Makes enough to share with friends who have asked for the recipe also."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.