- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 90 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add melted chips; beat well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour filling over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Drizzle with chocolate topping if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Chip Dessert
"This dessert is easy to make and is very tasty. Two thumbs up! Will make it again."
"Very tasty and easy. I loved it."
"Excellent. I would make this again. Great and easy!"
"My store did not have the white chips so instead i used white almond bark ( 6 squares). It was absoluetly delicious. I will make this dessert again."
"So creamy and different! Delicious!"
"I gave this 4/5 stars because the crust was to die for - really fantastic! - but for some reason the filling didn't taste sweet enough and the cream cheese was overpowering, even with chocolate drizzled on top. However, it could very well be the type of white chocolate chips I used."
"I'd like to see the nutritionals on this. I think it could be made patriotic with red and blue sauces for the stripes vs. the choc sauce!"