Chopped maraschino cherries and vanilla chips make a great color and flavor combination in these sweet treats priced at just 20 cents each. "They're a nice change from chocolate chip cookies," writes Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p34
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review