Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Chip Cherry Cookies(6)
Sort By :
I would recommend chilling these cookies before baking. With such a high butter content and a warm kitchen, my cookies were flatter than pancakes! Also, the cherries made the batter pink.
Have used this recipe for years. Love it! But mine come out a little crumbly, so today used 1.5-2 cups quick cook oatmeal and it did the trick and didn't alter the taste.
I wanted to make something different. I LOVE cherries so when I came across this recipe I had to try it. I am SO glad I did this will be my go to recipe when I want something other than chocolate chip cookies. My husband who doesn't care much for cherries even loves them. Thank you for the AWESOME recipe! The cookie dough is irrisistable as well. Don't make the dough balls too big because they flatten out fairly well and will spread to take up your whole baking sheet! They are delicious though!!
My family loves these. My husband who is very much a chocolate chip cookie guy, thinks that these are wonderful. Very, very good!!!!
Can't stop baking them! Everyone at home and work love them! Definately a keeper!