- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Ground allspice
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. With end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add tea bags, honey and boiling water; steep, covered, 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heat-proof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Top servings with whipped cream; sprinkle with allspice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vanilla Chai Tea
Sort By :
"Really liked it. I am so happy for the Internet that we can look up these recipes like this one."
"EXCELLENT HOT BEVERAGE. MY FRIEND FROM INDIA SAYS, IT'S PERFECT...MUST USE THE PEPPERCORNS FOR AUTHENTICITY."
"Loved it! I only had ground cardamom on hand so I substituted with 1/4 t. instead of 2 pods."
"Where can I purchase cardamom pods?"
"I had never heard of using peppercorns in Chai before. Maybe that was what I always missed when making mine....anyway, its delicous. Please give it a try. You won't be sorry!!"