- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Ground allspice
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. With end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add tea bags, honey and boiling water; steep, covered, 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heat-proof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Top servings with whipped cream; sprinkle with allspice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vanilla Chai Tea
Sort By :
"EXCELLENT HOT BEVERAGE. MY FRIEND FROM INDIA SAYS, IT'S PERFECT...MUST USE THE PEPPERCORNS FOR AUTHENTICITY."
"Loved it! I only had ground cardamom on hand so I substituted with 1/4 t. instead of 2 pods."
"Where can I purchase cardamom pods?"
"I had never heard of using peppercorns in Chai before. Maybe that was what I always missed when making mine....anyway, its delicous. Please give it a try. You won't be sorry!!"