Vanilla Chai Tea Recipe
This warm chai is comfort in a cup. It’s extra special with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground allspice on top. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Ground allspice
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. With end of a wooden spoon handle, crush mixture until aromas are released. Add tea bags, honey and boiling water; steep, covered, 6 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heat-proof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Top servings with whipped cream; sprinkle with allspice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup with 2 tablespoons topping equals 131 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC