Vanilla Chai Tea Recipe
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 8 individual tea bags
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Ground allspice
- In a large bowl, crush peppercorns, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon stick and cloves with the end of a wooden spoon until aroma is released. Add tea bags, honey and boiling water. Cover and steep for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk. Strain tea into a heat-proof pitcher; stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Serve individual servings of tea with whipped cream; sprinkle with allspice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vanilla Chai Tea(4)
Sort By :
EXCELLENT HOT BEVERAGE. MY FRIEND FROM INDIA SAYS, IT'S PERFECT...MUST USE THE PEPPERCORNS FOR AUTHENTICITY.
Loved it! I only had ground cardamom on hand so I substituted with 1/4 t. instead of 2 pods.
Where can I purchase cardamom pods?
I had never heard of using peppercorns in Chai before. Maybe that was what I always missed when making mine....anyway, its delicous. Please give it a try. You won't be sorry!!