Vanilla Caramel Corn
This recipe gives a sweet and tasty twist to microwave popcorn. When I first tried it at a party, I couldn't stop eating it!—Janel Andrews, Jerome, Idaho
28 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two
- very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully
- stir in milk and butter; return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to
- coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and
- place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 7 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium,