- 3 packages (3.3 ounces each) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop popcorn according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to two very large bowls; discard any unpopped kernels.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Carefully stir in milk and butter; return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 40 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 7 quarts.
Originally published as Vanilla Caramel Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p21
Reviews for Vanilla Caramel Corn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"Super yummy and so easy to make. I usually have all of the ingredients in the pantry. I made it for work and not a single piece was left."
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2010
"This turned out amazing! My whole family loved it!"