Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Food coloring, optional
- Colored sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture until completely blended. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with holiday cutters dipped in flour. Using a floured spatula, transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and milk; beat until creamy. Thin with additional milk to desired spreading consistency if necessary. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired. Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with colored sugar. Yield: 7 dozen (2-1/2-in. cookies).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookies(14)
Sort By :
This is the only sugar cookie recipe I will ever use! No one can turn them down..you can roll thin and make crispy or thick and make soft and gooey, and they still come out great! I have used countless recipes for sugar cookies over the years but kept trying different one's until I found the perfect one...this is it!
The cookie is excellent, but I'll use a different frosting next time. The frosting seemed a little bitter to my husband and I. But the cookie dough was easy to manage and the cookie turned out beautiful!
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I didn't have issues with sticky dough, but the cookies in general were pretty bland. I felt like the frosting didn't taste like much, either, just sugary.
I will stick with the White Velvet Sugar Cookie recipe, which I LOVE.
Over the years i tried a lot of sugar cookie recipes. I did find one but it was very hard to work with and if you didn't mix it right it was tasteless. I made these cookies for my kids for Easter and they loved them. The dough was very easy to work with, the flavor was delicious and the texture was just how we like our cookie to be.
Everyone tells me that these are the best sugar cookies they've ever eaten. This is my go to recipe for cut-outs.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Best Sugar Cookie Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting for Sugar Cookies >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >