Vanilla Butter Cutouts
Even cooks who normally shy away from rolled cookies can make these with confidence. The dough is so easy to work with after a mere 30 minutes of chilling. They can be decorated in a variety of ways.
42 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30
- minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate as desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium,