Vanilla Blueberry Oatmeal
“My family loves fruity flavored oatmeals like this one,” explains Renee Endress from Galva, Illinois. “I came up with this recipe when I had lots of blueberries on hand, and it became an instant favorite. Not only is it nutritious and filling, but it smells so wonderful and homey.” TIP: For a change of pace, try different fruits or flavors of nondairy creamer.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the oats, sugar
- and salt. Remove from the heat; stir in the blueberries and creamer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with sugar substitute) equals 216 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.