Vanilla Bean Fizz
A homemade vanilla bean syrup from our home economists fabulously flavors Champagne. The bubbly beverage is ideal for holidays throughout the year.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 vanilla beans, split
- 4 cups Champagne, chilled
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Add vanilla
- beans. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from
- the heat; cool to room temperature. Discard beans.
- For each serving, pour 1/4 cup vanilla syrup into a Champagne flute;
- add 1/2 cup Champagne. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 137 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.