- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Assorted sprinkles and candies
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Split vanilla beans lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Vanilla Bean Cupcakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p22
Reviews for Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2013
This recipe was very easy to make. My family loved the icing so doubled the ingredients for the frosting. Very delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >