Vanilla Bean Cupcakes Recipe
My 3-year-old son loves these! Flecks of vanilla bean in the moist, tender cupcakes gives them special-occasion status. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Assorted candies and coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Split vanilla beans lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Decorate with candies and coarse sugar as desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without decorations) equals 266 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC