This recipe is the most recent cheesecake I gave to my mother for her birthday, and we all just loved it...too much! There's a hint of orange in the chocolate crust that makes every bite worth savoring.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 16 graham crackers)
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and orange peel; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Spread chocolate mixture over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour longer or until set. Top cheesecake with raspberries before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Vanilla-Chocolate Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review