Vanilla Almond Hot Cocoa
Treat your family to this comforting, homemade cocoa as you decorate the tree or open holiday gifts. Vanilla and almond extracts make it taste even more special. —Vicki Holloway, Joelton, Tennessee
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in milk
- and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Serve in mugs with
- marshmallows if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).