- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup walnut butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Miniature marshmallows
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Using a round 3-in. cutter, cut out seven circles from each sheet. Place 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese and 1/2 teaspoon walnut butter in the center of each pastry. Brush egg around edges. Fold pastry over; press down around filling to seal. Brush tops with egg.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is thick and syrupy. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Place cranberries in a blender; cover and process until chopped. Add syrup; process until smooth.
- Cut marshmallows in half diagonally to resemble fangs. When pastries are cool enough to handle, pry open slightly and dip in syrup; add fangs. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Vampire Mouths in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p68
Reviews for Vampire Mouths
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review