Valerie's Blueberry Pie
This perfect pie for the summer months is so easy to make. I love topping this with a dollop of whip cream.—Valerie Kelly, Maynooth, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping or ice cream, optional
- Wash and drain blueberries. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar,
- 1 cup of berries, cornstarch (use heaping tablespoons with frozen
- berries), salt, water, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add butter and remaining berries. Stir until sauce is
- mixed with all of the berries and butter is melted. Pour mixture
- into prepared pie shell. Keep refrigerated till serving time. Serve
- with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.