Valerie's Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping or ice cream, optional
- 1. Wash and drain blueberries. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup of berries, cornstarch (use heaping tablespoons with frozen berries), salt, water, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- 2. Immediately add butter and remaining berries. Stir until sauce is mixed with all of the berries and butter is melted. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell. Keep refrigerated till serving time. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.