This perfect pie for the summer months is so easy to make. I love topping this with a dollop of whip cream.—Valerie Kelly, Maynooth, Ontario
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping or ice cream, optional
- Wash and drain blueberries. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup of berries, cornstarch (use heaping tablespoons with frozen berries), salt, water, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add butter and remaining berries. Stir until sauce is mixed with all of the berries and butter is melted. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell. Keep refrigerated till serving time. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Valerie's Blueberry Pie in Country Woman May/June 1992, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Valerie's Blueberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review