Valentine Sugar Cookies
"The almond flavor makes these delicious sugar cookies quite unique," says Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota.
21 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red decorator's sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in
- flour; mix well. Chill several hours. On a lightly floured surface,
- roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2- or 3-in.
- heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets;
- sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 169 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.