Valentine Sugar Cookies Recipe
"The almond flavor makes these delicious sugar cookies quite unique," says Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red decorator's sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in flour; mix well. Chill several hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2- or 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 169 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Valentine Sugar Cookies
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2008
"5 out of 5"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC