- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red decorator's sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and extracts. Stir in flour; mix well. Chill several hours. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2- or 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Valentine Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p12
Reviews for Valentine Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2008
"5 out of 5"