Valentine Napoleons Recipe
These pastries are quick to fix, thanks to convenient puff pastry! Field editor Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin fills the hearts with a pudding and cream mixture and strawberries.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 hearts. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- 3. In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- 4. Split puff pastry hearts in half. Place bottom halves on serving plates. Spoon 1/4 cup filling over each; top with strawberries and pastry tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 325 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Valentine Napoleons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC