Valentine Napoleons Recipe
These pastries are quick to fix, thanks to convenient puff pastry! Field editor Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin fills the hearts with a pudding and cream mixture and strawberries.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 hearts. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- Split puff pastry hearts in half. Place bottom halves on serving plates. Spoon 1/4 cup filling over each; top with strawberries and pastry tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Valentine Napoleons in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p8
Reviews for Valentine Napoleons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review