Valentine Heart Brownies
Steal hearts this Valentine's Day with brownies that have cute frosting centers. They're simply irresistible. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
15 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red paste food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, adding mint
- extract to batter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar,
- vanilla and food coloring if desired until light and fluffy. Place
- in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner
- of bag. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside.
- Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped
- cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie.
- Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared
- baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15