- 1/2 cup flour; beat on high for 2 minutes. By hand, add enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 26-in. x
- 8-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine
- filling ingredients; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style
- form long end; pinch to seal. Place seam side down on greased
- nonstick baking sheets or baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Shape each roll into heart; seal ends. Cut from outer edge
- two-thirds through cake every 1 in. and turn each section out. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove
- immediately from baking sheets to wire racks. Cool completely;
- remove parchment paper if used. For glaze, cream sugar and butter.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over hearts. Yield: 2
- coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.