Valentine Butter Cookies
These cookies are my grandchildren's favorite. I've even shaped the dough in the form of their initials for special occasions. They make a great dessert anytime.
108-114 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Red colored sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well.
- Shape with a cookie press. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate
- with sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- edges are light brown. Yield: 18-19 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.