These cookies are my grandchildren's favorite. I've even shaped the dough in the form of their initials for special occasions. They make a great dessert anytime.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Red colored sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape with a cookie press. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Yield: 18-19 dozen.
Originally published as Valentine Butter Cookies in Country February/March 1995, p49