Valentine Brownies Recipe
In Austin, Texas, Susan Ohlendorf found a fun way to show her loved ones how much she cares. She prepares brownies from a mix, cuts a heart shape out of each one and fills the center with homemade frosting. "Our grandson loves to eat the little heart-shaped brownies that are left over," she notes.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag; set aside.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15 brownies.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC