Valentine Brownies Recipe
In Austin, Texas, Susan Ohlendorf found a fun way to show her loved ones how much she cares. She prepares brownies from a mix, cuts a heart shape out of each one and fills the center with homemade frosting. "Our grandson loves to eat the little heart-shaped brownies that are left over," she notes.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15 brownies.
Originally published as Valentine Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p53
Reviews for Valentine Brownies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2013
I made these for the ladies that I work with and they were very happy! I had to thin the frosting out with a little milk and I used powdered sugar instead of cocoa to dust the bottom and sides of the brownies. Thanks for the cute idea!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Brownies >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >