Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped peanuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 3. Divide mixture in half. To one portion, gently stir in peanut butter; pour into prepared crust. Gently stir chocolate into the remaining portion; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
"very tasty. Has just the right amount of peanut butter and chocolate. Not over powering,Very light."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.