Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This is an old family favorite my mom made when I was a child. I've changed the recipe slightly, but it still brings back those delightful childhood memories.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped peanuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 3. Divide mixture in half. To one portion, gently stir in peanut butter; pour into prepared crust. Gently stir chocolate into the remaining portion; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC