- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Divide mixture in half. To one portion, gently stir in peanut butter; pour into prepared crust. Gently stir chocolate into the remaining portion; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie in Country Extra January 1991, p47
Reviews for Upstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate >
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Desserts >
- Peanut Butter Pie >