Upside Down Plum Cake
This cake is different with the addition of plums. It is fancy enough to serve to guests.—Robert Fallon, Sayville, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 to 4 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in a 9-in. round baking pan. Put pan in a
- preheated 350° oven to melt. Remove from oven and sprinkle with
- 1/3 cup sugar Arrange plum slices in a circular pattern over sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cream the remaining butter with
- remaining sugar; beat in the egg. Combine flour, salt and baking
- powder. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk and
- vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over plums. Bake for 30
- minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from the oven and
- immediately invert onto a large serving platter. Serve warm. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 248 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.