Upside-Down Pizza Casserole Recipe
"When everyone craves pizza and you have no refrigerated dough on hand and no time to prepare a homemade crust, try this easy upside-down version," writes Karen Cook of Putnam Station, New York.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer until heated through. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, oil, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC