- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Cover and simmer until heated through. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, oil, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
I would call this chow. Predictable, not great. Cheese and "crust" mushed together when baking. I think another upside down pizza is worth trying.
This is a great fast dinner. I usually have all the ingredients on hand so it's one of our go to recipes. It tastes pretty good. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the crust is plain, but it's not bad. It would not prevent me from making it again.
My kids love this meal. I, too, add additional seasonings and often substitute ground turkey for thebeef. We also toss in some pepperoni. This and a tossed salad make a quick, hearty meal.
this is a quick pizza dinner. but the "crust" tastes kinda "plain". so i added a few tablespoons of italian seasoning to it and it perked up a little bit. i'm not sure if i'll make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >