Upside-Down Pizza Bake
This super easy, but exceptionally delicious, recipe is one I've been preparing and serving to my children and now to my grandchildren for over 30 years! —Sandy Bastian, Tinley Park, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer
- with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended.
- Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.