Upside-Down Pizza Bake Recipe
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended. Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.