Upside-Down Pizza Bake Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended. Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Upside-Down Pizza Bake(3)
Sort By :
Sandy, thanks for the inspiration. This is a keeper!
The bones of this recipe are really good. I made mine with left over bolognese sauce and no mushrooms since my family won't even look at them. It tasted good but I think it needed more sauce on the bottom to go with the biscuity topping. Otherwise, the taste was really good and it came together super easy. A great quicky casserole!
My family enjoyed this very much. Goes together fast and lends itself to different toppings.
More Recipe Collections
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pizza Casserole >
- Pork Casserole >