This super easy, but exceptionally delicious, recipe is one I've been preparing and serving to my children and now to my grandchildren for over 30 years! —Sandy Bastian, Tinley Park, Illinois
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended. Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Pizza Bake in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p64
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Upside-Down Pizza Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review