Upside Down Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1. Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 319 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Upside Down Pineapple Cake
"I made this recipe exactly the way it was called for. It is a lttle blan...It could of used some brown sugar or spice. I also buttered the pan...so the cake would not stick"