Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Gloria Poyer of Hackettstown, New Jersey needs just a few easy ingredients to dress up a boxed mix and create this classic cake. It bakes up so moist and pretty, no one will believe it wasn't made from scratch.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the
- walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package
- directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with
- remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting
- onto a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 10 servings.