Gloria Poyer of Hackettstown, New Jersey needs just a few easy ingredients to dress up a boxed mix and create this classic cake. It bakes up so moist and pretty, no one will believe it wasn't made from scratch.
Featured In: 24 Upside-Down Desserts
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p57
Reviews for Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2010
"I made this recipe exactly the way it was called for. It is a lttle blan...It could of used some brown sugar or spice. I also buttered the pan...so the cake would not stick"