Gloria Poyer of Hackettstown, New Jersey needs just a few easy ingredients to dress up a boxed mix and create this classic cake. It bakes up so moist and pretty, no one will believe it wasn't made from scratch.
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- Place pineapple slices in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle half of the walnuts around the pineapple. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon batter over pineapple layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p57
Reviews for Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review