Upside-Down Peach Muffins Recipe
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan's Geraldine Grisdale showcases her state's fine peach crop in these novel muffins. "They make pretty individual servings for breakfast, a snack or even dessert," comments Geraldine.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the milk, oil and eggs until smooth. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- 2. In each of 18 greased muffin cups, place 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- 3. Arrange peaches in the muffin cups. Fill each half full with batter. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC