Upside-Down Peach Muffins
Mt. Pleasant, Michigan's Geraldine Grisdale showcases her state's fine peach crop in these novel muffins. "They make pretty individual servings for breakfast, a snack or even dessert," comments Geraldine.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, oil and eggs until smooth. Combine
- the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and
- mix well.
- In each of 18 greased muffin cups, place 1 teaspoon of butter and 1
- tablespoon brown sugar. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Arrange peaches in the muffin cups. Fill each half full with batter.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto wire racks.
- Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium,