Upside-Down Peach Cake Recipe
Folks have been flipping over upside-down cake for generations. This dessert is very popular with my family and guests.—Terri Kirschner, Carlisle, Indiana
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 386 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC