Upside-Down Peach Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
"Delicious! Easy to make. Will make it again. Looks beautiful."
"I followed the recipe to a tee and still turned out really doughy and had no rise to it. Would not recommend."
"This cake looks and tastes like you spent alot of time and preparation, but is so simple to make. As other reviews said, no problem flipping, and getting out of the pan. Just the right amount of butter and brown sugar. Not overly oily and sweet, perfection. !!"
"Delicious! Just as good as pineapple upside down cake! My husband doesn't care for peaches but he likes this cake!"
"Absolutely delicious and easy to make! It's a bit of a fusion between monkey bread and peach cobbler. The cake is lighter so it balances well with the heavier peach and brown sugar top (which I added a touch of cinnamon too!). I'll definitely make this again!"
"This cake is delicious and very easy to make! No problems getting it out of the pan. Substituted almond extract for vanilla."
"I made this for my boyfriend for his birthday and he loved it! said it was better than one of his favorite cakes his grandmother makes! Instead of using brown sugar though I made a substitute out of sugar and a little bit of syrup. This is a great an easy cake to make with any kind of peaches, my mother absolutely loved it too! I will definitely be making this again!"
"This was delicious, my new peach recipe. I would advise to place a cookie sheet under the pan in the oven, to keep the oven clean. I did slightly modify the recipe, used almond milk (lactose intolerance in the house) and substituted amaretto for vanilla. Delicious!! Next time I may use a deeper pan, springform, to add more peaches."
"This cake is beautiful!"
"Very good and simple to make. Both the cake and topping we're delicious. Made this in my toaster oven, and it turned out perfect."
"This cake was delicious, except for the fact that I couldn't get it out of the pan, so it wasn't really upside down cake. I just sliced it right out of the pan. I did a layer of nectarines instead of peaches, with blackberries in between. Next time I would use more fruit, almost any fruit would work well in this."
"This is my first time to make upside-down fruit cake and the result was amazing ! My husband and I love it. I am so happy, definitely will make again. Thank's for great recipe !"
"wonderful recipe! Sometimes the cake batter in an upside down cake recipe is bland, but this batter is good enough to eat without the sweet buttery peaches."
"this was easy and good. Great way to use fresh peaches"
"Great way to use fresh peaches! Just the right amount of sweetness, and comes out of the pan nicely. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I have never used canned peaches but it's worth a try."
"peaches are out of season right now.. could I get away with drained canned peaches?"