- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
"First time receipe, came out perfect. cake was moist and white peaches were so sweet. I had a bunch of sweet, ripe white peaches so this recipe was great. Super easy and very yummy. I wish icould post a picture because it was beautiful!"
"Absolutely fantastic and easy to make....hubby said it was better than $9 peach cake bought from local scratch bakery...."
"I had a craving for something with almond flavoring and a stack of peaches to use up, so I made this recipe but substituted the vanilla with almond extract at a 1 for 1 ratio. It was DELICIOUS! So easy! Thanks!"
"Delicious! Easy to make. Will make it again. Looks beautiful."
"I followed the recipe to a tee and still turned out really doughy and had no rise to it. Would not recommend."
"This cake looks and tastes like you spent alot of time and preparation, but is so simple to make. As other reviews said, no problem flipping, and getting out of the pan. Just the right amount of butter and brown sugar. Not overly oily and sweet, perfection. !!"
"This cake is delicious and very easy to make! No problems getting it out of the pan. Substituted almond extract for vanilla."