- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
Sort By :
This was delicious, my new peach recipe. I would advise to place a cookie sheet under the pan in the oven, to keep the oven clean. I did slightly modify the recipe, used almond milk (lactose intolerance in the house) and substituted amaretto for vanilla. Delicious!! Next time I may use a deeper pan, springform, to add more peaches.
This cake is beautiful!
Very good and simple to make. Both the cake and topping we're delicious. Made this in my toaster oven, and it turned out perfect.
This cake was delicious, except for the fact that I couldn't get it out of the pan, so it wasn't really upside down cake. I just sliced it right out of the pan. I did a layer of nectarines instead of peaches, with blackberries in between. Next time I would use more fruit, almost any fruit would work well in this.