- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious and easy to make! It's a bit of a fusion between monkey bread and peach cobbler. The cake is lighter so it balances well with the heavier peach and brown sugar top (which I added a touch of cinnamon too!). I'll definitely make this again!"
"This cake is delicious and very easy to make! No problems getting it out of the pan. Substituted almond extract for vanilla."
"I made this for my boyfriend for his birthday and he loved it! said it was better than one of his favorite cakes his grandmother makes! Instead of using brown sugar though I made a substitute out of sugar and a little bit of syrup. This is a great an easy cake to make with any kind of peaches, my mother absolutely loved it too! I will definitely be making this again!"
"This was delicious, my new peach recipe. I would advise to place a cookie sheet under the pan in the oven, to keep the oven clean. I did slightly modify the recipe, used almond milk (lactose intolerance in the house) and substituted amaretto for vanilla. Delicious!! Next time I may use a deeper pan, springform, to add more peaches."