This dessert-like loaf is sure to delight your holiday guests. With tender peaches, rich cream cheese and crunchy pecans, it's oh-so-impossible to resist!
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice half of the peaches; chop remaining peaches. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices cut side down in a single layer over brown sugar. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Fold in chopped peaches and remaining pecans.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plates. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Upside-Down Peach Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p40
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review