Upside-Down Orange Puffs Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- 2. Make a hole in the center of each biscuit; place over orange mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 10 puffs.
1 each: 112 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Upside-Down Orange Puffs
"My mother found this recipe on a package of canned biscuits back in the 1950s and our family has been making this recipe for 60 years! It is a favorite of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.I was a Tupperware dealer back in the 1970s and shared it at many parties - and it was a favorite of many people I shared it with.It is so quick and easy - and turns out perfectly every time!"