"These delicious citrusy morsels are so quick to make with refrigerated biscuits," writes Rosa Griffith of Christiansburg, Virginia. "They're our teenage son's favorite, so I make them often."
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- Make a hole in the center of each biscuit; place over orange mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 10 puffs.
Originally published as Upside-Down Orange Puffs in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p55
Reviews for Upside-Down Orange Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2017
"My mother found this recipe on a package of canned biscuits back in the 1950s and our family has been making this recipe for 60 years! It is a favorite of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.I was a Tupperware dealer back in the 1970s and shared it at many parties - and it was a favorite of many people I shared it with.It is so quick and easy - and turns out perfectly every time!"
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2015