- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- Make a hole in the center of each biscuit; place over orange mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 10 puffs.
Reviews for Upside-Down Orange Puffs
Sort By :
"My grandmother made this recipe when the grandkids were all kids. This is an old, old recipe. It's also a fabulous recipe!! It's super rich and is basically a dessert. I made it once in a baking dish because my muffin tin was no longer fit for use. I liked it even better in the casserole dish."
"I tried this long ago and everyone I serve it to loves it!! I make it several times a year- quick and easy! Also- to make the holes in the biscuts I use the handle of a wooden spoon and push the biscuit down slightly to get the juice in the hole. Yum!!"