Upside-Down Orange Biscuits Recipe
From Mendota, Illinois, Kim Marie Van Rheenen guarantees that "The aroma of these baking is enough to get even the soundest sleeper out of bed!"
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10-12 times.
- 2. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread with butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from the short side. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place, cut side down, in a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; pour over biscuits. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 5 minutes; invert onto a platter and serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Upside-Down Orange Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC