- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour, basil and fennel until blended. Add spinach, mushrooms and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place the remaining flour in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and remaining oil until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Upside-Down Meatless Pizza
Sort By :
Even the dedicated meat lovers in my family enjoy this meatless version of upside-down pizza.